Here is our plan for week 6, October 16th:
*We always start with an active game to try to run out some of the girls’ energy. It usually leads to better listening later in the evening.
- Girls do attendance
- This week we have new circle bins (our old ones broke), so present those and let them switch out their goodies
- Give the girls books about service projects and tell them to pick one they would like to do this year (1 pick per circle)
*We picked out two books for each circle to look at from the local library and were able to get two copies of most of the books. This is building on what we learned last week during our visit to the Municipal Office.
Book 1: The Kid’s Guide to Service Projects by Barbara A. Lewis
Book 2: Pay it Forward Kids by Nancy Runstedler
Book 3: Our Heroes by Janet Wilson
Book 4: Be the Change in Your Community by Megan Kopp
Opening Ceremony / Big Circle Time
- 3 presentations while in big circle (2 girls for girlfriends through the ages and 1 for be a chef)
- Ask if anyone else has “badgework” to turn in. Encourage them to bring back their girlfriends through the ages sheet next week (we handed this out before Thanksgiving)
- Circle Leader from each circle gives presentation on the service project their circle picked
- Hand out voter ballots and pens and have each girl vote. Winner to be announced at end of the meeting (we were lucky that the Township Office photocopied real voter ballots for use during this activity, free of charge!)
- Tell the girls that we sold 20 cases of cookies at our cookie sales on the weekend. Congratulate all the girls for their hard work so far this year
- Read these books: Start Little: Think Big, Vote Little; Barbie: I Can Be President
- Snowy Owl explains the craft and why we are making these invitations
Craft Time: We are making invitations for friends. Two weeks from now, at our October 30th meeting, we will be having a Halloween Party / Bring a friend to Brownies night. I will post this craft separately after our meeting. Right now, I don’t know what Snowy has dreamed up!
Games: Wheelbarrel race (pair up); Red Light Green Light
Song: We are learning some songs from different regions as part of the Sing Ontario Sing Challenge of 2019-2020. This week we are going to learn an American Girl Scouts Song, Make New Friends.
Make New Friends
Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold.
A circle is round,
it has no end.
That’s how long,
I will be your friend.
A fire burns bright,
it warms the heart.
We’ve been friends,
from the very start.
You have one hand,
I have the other.
Put them together,
We have each other.
Silver is precious,
Gold is too.
I am precious,
and so are you.
You help me,
and I’ll help you
we will see it through.
The sky is blue
The Earth is green
I can help
to keep it clean
Across the land
Across the sea
We will always be